View My Stats

Sedgley (October 6)


More tales from my backyard! A total of 14 species seen today which may not be much when I'm out and about but from my normally barren garden, that's pretty impressive. The feeding station is working!
Highlight was a male blackcap. Just a brief glimpse of the bird in the hedge but enough to give a positive id. It brought back memories of an overwintering bird from a couple of years ago, so if that will happen this year, that would be brilliant.
Also a female chaffinch, another bird that I don't see at all in the garden. Just a brief visit, but hopefully she will be back. The house sparrow (both male and female - pictured) are now part of the furniture and as I love all birds I'm more than happy to see those.
Other birds included: black headed gull (resident during the autumn and winter in the area), collared dove (2), great tit (single), blue tit (single).