View My Stats

Victoria Park, Tipton (November 28)

I enjoy urban birding and as I was in Tipton I decided to spend an hour walking around Victoria Park. It's just round the corner from my church and so always willing to make the most of every opportunity, if you're in the Black Country and want to attend a carol service, it would be great to see you at Tipton Family Church on December 21. Check out the website for details @ www.tiptonfamilychurch.org
Anyway, the birding...Numeous Canada goose c.75 grazing on the field alone, plus birds on and around the pool. Also numerous black headed gull, several lesser black-backed gull and a single great black-backed gull high in the sky above in flight.
The pool had mallard, coot, moorhen and tufted duck on it. Other birds seen included: magpie (numerous), chaffinch, long tailed tit, song thrush, greenfinch, sparrowhawk (female passed overhead in direct flight).