View My Stats

Turls Hill (December 27)

This is my local patch as in the closest to home and I have spent considerable time over there, but it's been a long time since I last paid a visit so I decided to have a walk over there on a very cold afternoon.
Single common buzzard flew from Turls Wood, then mobbed by a single carrion crow as it flew over the Tipton Road fields. A male kestrel perched in a tree.
A goldcrest in brambles alngside the brook, and finches seen were greenfinch (7 in tree), goldfinch (5 in flight), chaffinch (2 males) and bullfinch (separate sightings of male and female).
Hundreds of wood pigeon and in amongst c.70 on a field was a single stock dove. It pays to look at everything. A flock of c.20 house sparrow (male and female) on the edge of the site by housing.
In flight a grey heron and a lesser black-backed gull.