View My Stats

Anglesey adventures - Day 7 (August 8)



Last day of the holiday and another visit to Cemlyn Bay. Nothing new to be seen, but after an absence most of the week of sandwich tern I counted 7 birds, both adults and juveniles. And guess what - I didn't have my camera with me so couldn't capture them on film.


The common tern and arctic tern were there as usual along with stonechat (adults and juveniles), red-breasted merganser (the female and the juveniles were on the grass alongside the lagoon preening and basking in the sun), redshank, curlew, turnstone, dunlin and lapwing.


Saw 3 little egret and a further 2 while walking back to the car. I couldn't be absolutely sure, as birds could have passed in flight, but I'm pretty certain that they were all individuals, thus making a total of 5.


On the drive to the site 2 raven were perched on the roof of a barn alongside the road. Again a missed opportunity with the camera.


Video clip of turnstone, dunlin, ringed plover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kf7f77L8jI